Saturday, June 9, 2007

Tahoe is a crazy place #1

I'm in Lake Tahoe, CA for summer project. This has been such a great opportunity for new observations. This place is crazy, let me tell you.

Today we had a staff meeting outside and I saw these two crazy events within a few minutes of each other:

A tow truck hauling another tow truck. I think there's a problem with this picture.

Off in the distance I heard a faint "tinkle", "tinkle" of a bike bell. That's a common sound since the project property is surrounded by bike paths. When I looked in the direction of the bike bell I saw a man in a billowy shirt, a wide brim purple hat with a 2 foot bright purple feather sticking out of it. He was followed by a woman on another bike in a red medieval shirt and jeans.

I apologize to my fellow summer project directors for laughing out loud during staff meeting. But the pirate made me do it!

No comments: