Thursday, May 24, 2007

Always camp with an Italian

My wanderlust caught up with me last week and I had to get out into the wilderness. Disregarding the promise of rain, I called up a friend and we made a plan to go camping and hiking. Our destination was Opal Creek, just east of Salem.

I learned some great lessons on this excursion:
  • My friend Ari can make anything burn
  • Secret camping spots make even a rainy weekend worth it
  • Always camp with an Italian
My friend invited her Italian friend along for the weekend. A great call I would say because he generously provided all the food. I've never eaten so good while camping. Caprese, pasta with red sauce, olive bread, Italian espresso in the mornings, and sipping on port as we sat around the campfire at night.


That's me in the yellow.

3 comments:

Jason and Ranae said...

nice! sounds like you were roughing it. how's tahoe? i need some pics.

Laura Marie said...

Did you end up finding the coffee shop on the way back?

Yay! I'm excited to have found you on here! I'm a new "blogger" so we'll see if it lasts....but I get excited when I find other friends on here!

Are you in Tahoe now?!?!?!

Laura said...

Adena, I just found your blogg via Laura C's. This post brought be back to a summer from my elementry school days. I attended an OMSI camp that was in Jawbone Flats, Opal Creek. That is one of the most beautifull places I've seen. I'm not sure if its still just like what I remember but the creek and the forest was almost untouched by humans. Hope you enjoyed the beauty there!