Tuesday, May 8, 2007

a knock at the door

Today I was at home, listening to Chris Tomlin and working on email, when there was a loud and abrupt knock at my door. I figured it was my friend who said he would stop by to return a book he had borrowed. "That knocking is uncharacteristically aggressive of him," I thought.

When I opened the door I was met not by my friend, but by a guy in a wide brim hat just like the old time detectives wear on t.v. Turns out he was a detective. A real live detective for the FBI at my door! So they really do wear those hats.

I admit I was scared, racking my brain trying to figure out what I had done wrong. Turns out the detective wanted to ask me some questions about one of my friends who is applying for a job with the U.S. government.

I felt all the blood in my body rush to my face, even though I had nothing to hide. It made me wonder, "How do all those people on t.v. stay so calm and collected when an agent knocks on their door?" I need to go back and watch the first few seasons of Alias to see how Sydney Bristow handles situations like this.

3 comments:

Jason and Ranae said...

nice work:) glad to see you on here. really want to catch up. sorry it's so crazed right now. thanks friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I found your blog! I can't remember at the moment how I did though. . . but I love hearing/reading your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

So, I just found this little blog of yours. I didn't realize that my referring you as a positive reference for someone would spawn on an entire entry.
I feel somehow more connected to you than before. :)