Sunday, February 25, 2007

No self-respecting Montanan would...

...use an umbrella while it was snowing.
But that’s just what I did this winter during one of those rare Oregon snow storms. You know the ones where everyone freaks out and suddenly doesn’t know how to drive, and all the schools get closed. “What…is….that….white….stuff…falling from the sky?”

Anyway, this isn’t about the crazy Oregon natives, it’s about this self-incriminating Montanan. The use of the umbrella did have some high points. When I showed up for my meeting, the papers I was carrying were dry, and my hair maintained it’s cute-ness. Despite the positives, I couldn’t help laughing and being ashamed of myself during the long walk from my car to the student union building.


At least I wasn’t wearing purple stiletto heels and carrying an umbrella in the snow like one girl I saw.

No comments: