Monday, July 23, 2007

Cheyenne Frontier Days

Yesterday I participated in a cultural experience. It was the 111th celebration of frontier days, held in Cheyenne Wyoming. As I thought of what to wear for the day, my fake cowgirl hat was at the top of my list. Then I imagined myself being so clearly seen as a poser that I would get beat up by real cowgirls wearing wranglers, sparkly shirts, and real hats. Oh, and don't forget those boots. Cowgirls are nice, but don't get on their bad side. I know. I'm from Montana.

It's a good thing that anyone is accepted at frontier days cause I had such a blast. The Rodeo was fantastic. One of the bulls earned his living when he gave us a good show by digging his horns into the cowboy who dared to ride him. The guy walked away though, and I was amazed once again by how tough cowboys are.

One of my favorite moments was the Native American dance show. They even invited me to dance with them for the last song. I was proving my motto in life to be true once again, and I danced.

1 comment:

Jason and Ranae said...

hey! i tagged you, see my blog:)